- Registrants often visit their online registry from work or home in order to see the purchases that are made for them.
- When a customer buys something online for the registrant, the purchase automatically shows up in the purchases section of the registrant's account. The registrant can view these purchases anytime they log into their account on your Shop Local store.
- The registrant wants to view BOTH online and in-store purchases. Since Shop Local is not tied into your store's point of sale (POS) system, this information does not automatically populate to your Shop Local software for the registrant to see.
- We need a solution to enter (record) in-store purchases in your Shop Local.
Solution: you (the retailer) will log in to your Shop Local store and create a 'digital copy' of the in-store purchase that was made for the registrant.
Steps to create a digital copy of an in-store purchase:
- Log in to your Shop Local Store.
- In the horizontal navigation bar, hover over Gift Registry, and click Gift Lists.
- On the Registry Lists page, click on the registrant's name for which you want to record an in-store purchase.
- Once you are on the registrant's registry list, scroll down to the item that you want to record the in-store purchase for.
- Next to the item, click the Enter a Gift Purchase For This Item link.
- Once you click on this link, a drop-down quantity entry area will appear. It says "Gift Purchased" and a "0." Using the drop-down, update the number in the drop down to what was purchased.
- Click the Go to Checkout button floating in the lower right of the page.
- You will proceed through the checkout and put in what the customer's information from the in-store transaction. You may enter
- Customer's name
- Gift message
- Customer's address. This is helpful to record because this information will be shared with the registrant and they can use it to write a thank you card.
- Click the Enter Gift Purchase button near the bottom of the page.
Now the purchase you just completed will appear for the registrant to see. Now the registrant can see purchases made online and in-store in one spot in their account when they log in.