- Log in to your Shop Local account.
- When you first log in, you'll be taken to Dashboard.
- In the horizontal navigation, click Home.
- Once you are on your Shop Local Home page, there is an area below the slides. It says: "Share product news, events, or what's on your mind..." Please type your news in this field.
- In the keywords field, please enter keywords separated by commas. e.g. "sale, plate, ohio".
- Add a picture to the news post. To do that, under the text that says "Add picture:" you'll click on the 'Choose File' button and browse to the image on your computer. If you're using a mobile device like an iPhone, you can also take a picture with your phone.
- Click Share to post your news.
Your news will appear in a few spots:
- Your Shop Local's Home page.
- Your Shop Local's News page.
- Depending on which groups with which you share the post, your post may appear on the Dashboard and News Feed of other businesses with which you're friends
There is an "Advanced settings" link above the "Share" button. When you click this, you'll see more settings.
1. You can change the post date. For example, you can change the date to post at a future time.
2. You can designate your post as an event. If you check the box that says "This is an event," then when your post appears, an "RSVP" link will appear below it. People that see your post can click the RSVP link. Clicking this link will produce a window. The person can enter a message about attending the event.