By default, your Shop Local Store allows customers to place an order online and does not require (or allow) them to enter a credit card online in the checkout process. This default setting allows your business to more quickly get your Shop Local Store setup and receive orders.
If you choose, you can update your Shop Local Store to allow a customer to submit a credit card when checking out online. If you activate this credit card service, you can take payments online quickly and easily. Your Shop Local Store can accept all Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. You choose which cards to accept.
To accept credit cards online, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shop Local account.
- Hover over Management, and under My Business Profile, click Services & Billing.
- On the Services & Billing page, scroll down to the "Accept Credit Card Payments Online" section.
In the "Add/Edit Subscription" column click the green Subscribe button.
- A modal will appear where you can request to start the process to accept credit cards online. Click the Send Request button.
What happens after you submit your request?
- Our team will receive your request.
- We'll send you the pricing for the Credit Card Terms & Fees. This can also be found below or on your Services & Billing page. We'll ask you to confirm you agree to this pricing.
- We'll send you approximately 12 questions in order to fill out your application.