You may need to update your checking account (ACH information) when accepting credit cards online. You may need this because, for example, you open a new checking account or recently bought the business. If your Bridge Store is using Service First and Authorize.net to accept cards, you’ll follow the steps below.
To Update your Service First Merchant Account
- Notify a Bridge coach to let them know that you need to update your billing information on file with Service First.
- The Bridge coach will then contact Service First for an ACH update form.
- The Bridge coach will email you the ACH update form to complete:
- Fill out the highlighted sections and have the signer of the original application sign, print and date the form.
- Include a new voided check or bank letter with the signed form.
NOTE: If using a bank letter, it must be typed on bank letterhead, with the full new bank account and routing number listed, the name of your business, and signed by a bank representative.
- Send the completed form to the Bridge coach. They will send it to Service First.
- You will receive confirmation once the ACH information on your payment processor account has been updated.
To Update your Authorize.net Account
- To update your banking information (where the funds will be deposited), please follow the steps listed in this authorize.net support article:
How can I review and update where my transaction funds are deposited?
- To update the billing information on the account (where your fees are taken out):
- Log in to your authorize.net account.
- In the left navigation menu, click Billing Information under Account.
- In the Bank Account Information section, click Edit.
- Enter the appropriate bank account billing information:
- Name on Account
- Account Type
- Account Owner Type
- ABA Routing Number
- Account Number
- Bank Name
- Bank City
- Bank State
- Bank ZIP Code
- Click Submit to continue or click Cancel to cancel the action. The Billing Information Confirmation and Payment Authorization page appears.
- Review the Bank Account Information section to verify that the information entered is accurate. If you need to correct any information, click the Back button located at the bottom of the page.
- Click I Authorize.
- You will then be asked to request and verify via PIN, which will be sent to the email address on file.
- Your bank account billing information is now configured for your payment gateway account.
Tip: Service First nor Bridge has access to make updates to your authorize.net account. For further support, you may also contact authorize.net support at 1-877-447-3938.