When adding new items to Shop Local, it is sometimes easier and quicker to email Shop Local a file of your product images. Shop Local can then process, upload, and sync these images to your product SKUs. Shop Local offers this service when you have more than 75 product images to add to your account.
Please follow the instructions below:
1. Gather and prepare your images. Guidelines:
- One image per item.
- All images should be at least 1000 px height or width. Shop Local software will use this image file to auto-generate the different image sizes that it needs. We suggest providing us with the highest resolution images you have available for your items.
- Accepted image formats: jpg, tif, or png. JPG is preferred. Color profile RGB is preferred.
- Image file names: the image must be the SKU or UPC. Please remove extra non-SKU identifying data from the file name.
Item SKU is:
Image file name must be:
Non-compliant file name examples:
Properly naming your images speeds up Shop Local's ability to match Excel data to images.
2. Send Shop Local your images.
- Please place all of your images into a single folder. Please no subfolders for patterns, collections, or lifestyle shots.
Zip this file. If the ZIP archive is too big to upload in a single instance, you may split the images into a few different folders or zip archives and then load them individually to the Library.
- Please log into your Shop Local account and roll over "Management" at the top of the screen and select the "My File Sharing" link from the drop-down menu.
At the top of your File Sharing Library page, click the "+ Add File" link. Select either the Excel sheet or zipped images archive(s) and proceed to upload them until all data/image archives are successfully in your Library.
Alternate upload option:
Shop Local has the ability to download files via Dropbox. Simply gather all your assets in a relevantly named folder in your Dropbox and then share a link to that folder to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Notify Shop Local.
When the above steps have been accomplished, please contact Shop Local and let us know your images are ready.