1. Connect with retailers on Shop Local via the Retailers Directory
Learn how to connect via the Directory here:
2. See what these stores you are researching are posting on the Newsfeed. Is there something you/your brand can add to the conversation?
- Use a private comment to talk directly to the store on a post.
3. Create your own consistent stream of News Posts 2-4/week to post in the newsfeed. These will be seen by the audiences you select and those businesses you are friends with. This is your product's face to the public so make them count.
- Make sure you use sku tag or collection tag features. Here are how-to instructions:
- How to post (auto post in Shop Local language) to all your Shop Local "friends" simultaneously:
- Make your posts colorful, interesting and sharable.
- These can be shared to Facebook from your Shop Local Website.
- Use platforms such as Canva, Adobe Spark, or Wordswag to create original posts.
4. Add a Shop Local logo to your main website and link it to your Shop Local site.
- The logo is frequently placed with other social media buttons.
- It can also be placed in the appropriate spot where wholesale customers are directed
- Please find the Shop Local logo at the bottom of this support page.
5. What does Shop Local do to promote your brand when it joins Shop Local?
- We post a News Post that all of our members will see announcing that you brand is ready to sync.
- We announce it in our training sessions.
6. What else can you do to promote your Shop Local?
- As part of your agreement with Shop Local, we ask that you send out a letter once a year informing all your retailers that your products are on Shop Local.
- By announcing this relationship, this helps you spread your efforts maintaining Shop Local to more stores. We have found that stores that use Shop Local resources sell 13% more than stores that don't.