New Software Features & Updates
How to navigate around your site quickly using breadcrumbs in order to save time.
Your Shop Local Store has a new feature: We've added breadcrumb navigation to a brand's Home (Collections) page and a product's Details page. The trail of links (or "breadcrumbs") at the top of these pages shows the site's structure and identifies the hierarchy.
Benefits of Breadcrumbs:
- Helps shoppers identify their current location on your website.
- Helps shoppers find what they're looking for more easily.
- Encourages shoppers to navigate from the current page to different parent pages.
- Encourages shoppers to spend more time shopping.
Boost Google Ranking:
- Breadcrumbs help boost your Google ranking.
- Shoppers are more likely to click these links, which can improve your SEO.
- When pages get more clicks, Google uses them as a way to crawl your website.
- Your website may see a 5-10% increase in shopper clicks and page views thanks to breadcrumbs.
In the example shown, we see the Details page for a Casafina product on Tipton Hurst's site:
- At the top of the Details page, we see the trail of links (or "breadcrumbs") that show the multiple levels of the product.
- The product is broken down into the following levels:
- Home > Primary Department > Secondary Department > Tertiary Department > Brand > Collection
- One can click any link to navigate to other pages. For example, clicking the "Dinnerware" link will take shoppers to view all products in the Dinnerware department.
To view the example on Tipton Hurst's site, please click here:
To view this feature, please log in to your Shop Local Store and browse to a product on your site. The product's Details page will show the the product's breadcrumbs. You may also browse to a brand's Home (Collections) page to view this feature.
View Post on Shop Local