By default, your Bridge software notifies a registrant one hour after a purchase has been made online or you (the store) has created a digital copy of an in-store purchase.
Why do we do this? Registrants like to be informed about purchases. In addition, this interaction keeps your registry with the registrant 'top of mind' and increases traffic to the registry.
- Log in to your Bridge account.
- To adjust the time at which these alerts are sent, roll over Management, and under My Business Profile, click Registry Settings.
- Once on the Registry Settings page, scroll down and look on the right in the Registry Checkout section.
- You will see this text "By default, email registrant when a purchase has been made." By default, this is set to "Yes." Leave that as is.
- Below that text you will see this text:
"For "Yes" above, send this email to registrant how long after purchase?"
Your choices are:
- At time of purchase (immediately)
- 1 hour after the order
- 2 hour after the order
- 6 hours after the order
- 24 hours after the order
- 48 hours after the order
- Select your preferred time. Click on the "Save" button at the bottom.
For example, if you set the delay to 6 hours, the registrant won't get an email about a gift order until 6 hours after the purchases. This gives the store time to read the email and act on it.
Stores may not want to immediately alert the registrant via email because the store is busy and the registrant may read the email before the store. In this example, the registrant calls the store and says "I got a gift" and the store may be confused because it has not read its email notifying it of an order. For this reason, by default Bridge alerts registrants 1 hour after the purchase to give the store time to read the order email.
If you would not like to send any purchase alert emails, you can edit each registry and set the registry to "No" for send email notifications.
Warning: setting the alerts to no will hurt interaction, traffic, and sales and is not endorsed by Bridge.