This is a two part 'how-to'.
Below is what happens when a bride and groom registers on TheKnot.com. You can maximize your opportunities on your bride's official wedding site by following the steps below.
A. A BRIDE STARTS HER REGISTRY ON THEKNOT.COM:
- A bride goes to the http://www.theknot.com.
- The bride selects a template for the couple's wedding website that reflects their personality.
- She fills out basic information such as name of the couple, wedding date, emails, etc.
- Special and exclusive offers for new registrants appear in a POP-UP window–everything from honeymoon venues, wedding planners, florists and various wedding related services.
- The bride uploads a cover photo and/or several other photos.
- The bride adds a line of text to the top of the registry with a personal message. There are three pre-written choices, or the bride can write her own.
- The bride can choose to automatically link with or create a new registry with one of the following stores via a pop-up window such as Scully & Scully, Michael C Fina, Gumps, Williams-Sonoma, BBB, Macy’s, Target, and others. Since Shop Local is represents mainly independent stores, the Shop Local retailers are not listed as an option. We'll come back to adding your store's name. That is part B below.
B. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO:
Get your bride to add a link to the registry created on your website to her website on theKnot.com mentioned above. Here are the steps for her to do that:
- Log in to theKnot.com.
- At the very top of the page, click "Registry." From the drop down click on "Manage Registry."
- This will take you/the bride to the page showing the bride's registries.
- Click "Add a Store" at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the "Link Your Store Registries" option.
- Click the drop-down menu and scroll to the bottom until you see "Don't see your store here? + Add Another Store."
- Enter the name of the store in the "Store Name" field.
- Enter the link to the bride's registry in the "Registry Link" field.
In the Registry URL, the bride will need to paste in the URL for her registry. To get the URL, follow these steps;
- Open a new browser window.
- Visit her registry on your site.
- Click on the link "Copy Link."
- The link will be copied to your clipboard.
- Sadly, there is not a spot to add the independent store's logo.
Remind the bride that this is step 3 of the 5 steps in the registry incentive program, where the bride can get a $20-50 in-store gift card.
C. HOW TO HELP A BRIDE EDIT HER THEKNOT.COM REGISTRY
If the bride would like to edit the registry information that she listed above:
- Go to your Registry page. (At the top of theknot.com, click on "Registry.")
- On the page listing your Registries, scroll down and look on the left. Under "Menu", there are a few links. Click on "Display Settings."
- Then choices will refresh to the right and show you choices with the title "Registry Display."
- Next to the registry that you wish to edit, click on "EDIT."
This support document below is written with the end user bride in mind. This document below can be shared directly with the bride:
For steps on how to add a link at the top of a registry on TheKnot.com, please view this support document: