- Registrants often visit their online registry from work or home in order to see the purchases that are made for them.
- When a customer buys something online for the registrant, the purchase automatically shows up in the purchases section of the registrant's account. The registrant can view these purchases anytime they log into their account on your Bridge store.
- The registrant wants to view BOTH online and in-store purchases. Since Bridge is not tied into your store's point of sale (POS) system, this information does not automatically populate to your Bridge software for the registrant to see.
- We need a solution to enter (record) in-store purchases in your Bridge.
Solution: you (the retailer) will log in to your Bridge store and create a 'digital copy' of the in-store purchase that was made for the registrant.
Steps to create a digital copy of an in-store purchase:
- Log in to your Bridge Store.
- In the horizontal navigation bar, please click on "Gift Registry."
- On the Registry home page, please click on "Manage Lists" (this is below the slide).
- On the Manage Lists home page, please click on the registrant's name for which you want to record an in-store purchase.
- Once you are on the registrant's registry list, confirm you are on the list page. The list page shows the registrant's picture (if one was added) and lists the items.
- Scroll down to the item that you want to record the in-store purchase for.
- Next to the item, there is a link that says "Enter a Gift Purchase For This Item." Please click this link.
- Once you click on this link, a drop down quantity entry area will appear. It says "Gift Purchased" and a "0." Using the drop down, update the number in the drop down to what was purchased.
- There is button floating in the lower right of the page that says "Go to Checkout." Please click this.
- You will proceed through the checkout and put in what the customer's information from the in-store transaction. You may enter
- Customer's name
- Gift message
- Customer's address. This is helpful to record because this information will be shared with the registrant and they can use it to write a thank you card.
- Click the "Place Order" button near the bottom of the page.
Now the purchase you just completed will appear for the registrant to see. Now the registrant can see purchases made online and in-store in one spot in their account when they log in.