Your Shop Local software sends an email to customers that do not complete their purchase. The software sends this email if the customer has not completed their purchase by the following day. It sends the email the day after the customer initiated the purchase but didn't complete it. If the customer has not completed their purchase 3 days later, it will send a second email. In total, up to two abandoned cart emails are sent to the customer. After the first email, a customer can choose to unsubscribe and not receive additional emails.
These are the steps to have the software not send abandoned cart emails:
- Please log in to your Shop Local account.
- At the very top of your account, please hover over Management. From the drop down, under My Business Profile & Settings, please click on Online Catalog & Store.
- Under the “Retail Purchasing Online” section, please look for this setting:
"To 'abandoned checkout cart' customers, send email encouraging him/her to complete the purchase"
- Change this setting to "No."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Your Changes.
95% or more of customers do not complete a purchase after starting the checkout process. This abandoned cart email helps the customer make the purchase. These abandoned cart emails are sent out by many major retailers, including Target, Crate & Barrel, etc. They help customers and help your business. Setting this feature to 'No' will decrease sales and result in fewer reviews.