Your business benefits when you add a link from your ‘parent’ website to your Bridge Shop.
Benefits to you:
- Helps customers see all the products and services your Bridge offers.
- Save yourself time and money on website maintenance. Many brands update the content on your Bridge. This saves your business from having to update data on your site.
How to add a link?
There are two primary ways to add links to your Bridge account.
1. Add the Bridge logo.
You can place the Bridge logo (please see below) near your other social media logos such as Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.If you need the Bridge logo adjusted or the color changed to match your site, please let Bridge know and we'll do that.You may be using a third-party website platform. Please find some tips below when adding the Bridge logo to those sites.
Please follow these steps to add the Bridge logo via Shopify:
2. Add a text link on your site that leads to your Bridge Shop.
- You may add a link that says "Shop Online" and have this link lead to your Bridge home page. If you add a link that says "Shop Online," the URL you link to may resemble this: yourbusinessname.myshoplocal.com/
- If you add a link that says "Gift Registry," the URL you link to may resemble this: yourbusinessname.myshoplocal.com/registry.cfm
- If you add a link that says "Gift Card," the URL you link to may resemble this: yourbusinessname.myshoplocal.com/details.cfm/Bridge?prodid=156880
- You may add a brand-oriented links that says, for example, "Shop the Full Vietri Catalog" and have this link lead to your Bridge's Vietri page. Your URL may resemble this: yourbusinessname.myshoplocal.com/patterns.cfm/Vietri
When you add a link from your site to your Bridge site, link directly to your Bridge site.
Do not add an explanatory page with links to your Bridge; link directly to your respective Bridge.
For example, let's imagine that you are going to add a link to your Bridge registry.
Do not add a link to a page on your site explaining the gift registry with links on this page leading to the registry. Have the link "Gift Registry" lead directly to your Bridge gift registry page.
When you add a link, have the link leading to your Bridge site open in the same window. Do not open it in a separate browser window.
Reason: if you open the link in a new window, and the customer browses back to your site, then back to Bridge, there will be too many windows open.
Adding links to your Bridge using a 3rd-party website software providers:
Bridge logo for output on your 'parent' site: